Above Photo: Defensive Driving Course – On Road
According to the World Health Organization, road traffic injuries caused an estimated 1.24 million deaths worldwide in the year 2010.
Eighty per cent of road traffic deaths occur in middle-income countries, which account for 72% of the world’s population, but only 52% of the world’s registered vehicles. This indicates that these countries bear a disproportionately high burden of road traffic deaths relative to their level of motorization.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSES
2-Day Defensive Driving Course – On Road
We go “back to basics” and build a firm foundation of proper skills that are reinforced by driving with our professional instructors. The course emphasizes vehicle dynamics as it relates to absolute car control during every day driving. A maximum of two hours of theory is followed with “hands on” practical driving exercises with a professional instructor for the remainder of the day.
2-Day Defensive Driving Course – Off Road
Same as above, with the entire course adapted to unsealed surfaces.
1-Day Defensive Driving Highway Course
All training courses are conducted to a specific and progressive structure that allows the Instructor to focus on individual needs of both the company’s requirements and the individual with timings to suit all concerned. All practical driving is done on local highways.
IOGP 365 Compliant Defensive Driving Courses. Kindly click here for further information.
“ I Already Know How To Drive, Why Should I Take A Defensive Driving Course?”
Most drivers think they already know how to drive, but the above statistics reflect otherwise. In an emergency situation an average driver’s skill set fails at only 40% of their vehicle’s capabilities.
The Glen Edmunds Defensive Driving Courses are specially designed to improve your driving skills and teach you the necessary techniques to react correctly in an emergency situation.
We use an advanced technology for evaluating and improving student’s skill levels. This is a proven training method that saves lives through conscious driving.
Did You Know That Taking a Professional Defensive Driving Course Can Save You Significant Amounts of Money?
• Reduce Accident Rates by up to 70%
• Reduce Vehicle Maintenance costs by up to 50%
• Reduce Fuel Consumption by up to 25%
Contact us today to find out how you can drive safely through conscious driving and save money.
Course admin details:
- Length. Our defensive driver courses are two days in duration. Note, most clients combine this with counter carjacking to make a comprehensive 3 day course (although it can be compressed into 2 days for European or North American driving licence holders).
- Location. Courses are delivered at our purposely built training centre in the Kitengela area of Nairobi. Click here for map.
- Timing. Our instruction is usually from 0800 to 1630 every day, with a break for lunch.
- Numbers. We require a minimum/maximum of 6 people to run a course. Each course is taught by two instructors, enabling an instructor: student ratio of 1:3
- Vehicles. Clients are advised to bring their own vehicles – so that they can become familiar with the vehicle that they drive on a daily basis. If this isn’t possible, we can rent vehicles to you.
- Accommodation. We have a preferred hotel near Ongata Rongai (ten minutes drive from us), who is our preferred supplier and whose details we can provide – it is easier if clients book direct.