Above photo: 4WD Off Road Driving Course
Our 4WD Off Driving Course are specifically designed for staff members and individuals working and/or living in remote areas in Africa that spend the majority of their time driving in bush type conditions . The courses are also popular with those wishing to drive their 4×4 vehicles on safari or for other recreational purposes.
Practical courses can be done at the client’s location or at our 4WD Off Road Training Centre, which is the only one in Kenya. The various training components of the facility helps the driver develop a clear understanding of the correct and safe use of the four wheel drive vehicle in all types of off road environments.
The 4WD Off Road Training Centre includes:
- *Ascent & Descents – with 3 gradients of difficulty
- *Water obstacles
- *Cross Axel section
- *Ridges & Ditches
- *Log track
- *Mud Sections
- *A range of terrain, including ‘black cotton’ and rocky slopes
- *Winch points
- * Much more!
4WD E-Learning Course. The first of its kind in existence! Glen Edmunds Advanced Driving, recently launched the first ever “4WD Off Road E-Learning Course,” which means that you or your company drivers can learn the theory of safe and correct use of a 4WD vehicle in all types of off road environments. You can take this course in the comfort of your own home or workplace at your leisure. All you need is a computer and a wifi connection. Further information about the course can be found by clicking on the following link: http://elearning.glenedmunds.com.
4WD Off Road Driving. This 1-Day course is specifically designed for staff members and individuals working and living in remote areas who spend the majority of their time driving on unsealed road surfaces. It is also a valuable course for tour drivers and those that use their 4×4 on safari or other recreational purposes. The course will familiarize you with the key features, capabilities and limitations of your 4WD vehicle while developing a clear understanding of the correct and safe use of the vehicle in all types of off road environments.
4WD Defensive Driving. This 2-Day course goes “back to basics” and builds a firm foundation of proper skills that are reinforced by driving with our professional instructors. The course emphasises vehicle dynamics as it relates to absolute car control during every day driving on unsealed surfaces. A maximum of two hours of theory is followed with “hands on” practical driving exercises with a professional instructor for the remainder of the day.
4WD Recovery. This 1-Day Course is specially designed for field workers that spend a lot of time driving in remote areas where they have to be self – sufficient. Practical hands on exercises show how to safely use a variety of self-recovery equipment in the field. Please ask for more details.
Course admin details:
- Location. Courses are delivered at our purposely built training centre in the Kitengela area of Nairobi. Click here for map.
- Timing. Our instruction is usually from 0800 to 1630 every day, with a break for lunch.
- Vehicles. You are encouraged to bring your own vehicle for the training so that you can become familiar with the vehicle that you drive on a daily basis. The 4WD Off Road Course requires a vehicle with a “low range” option. If you can’t supply your own vehicle one can be hired to you at an extra cost.
- Accommodation. We have a preferred hotel near Ongata Rongai (ten minutes drive from us), who is our preferred supplier and whose details we can provide – it is easier if clients book direct.